To All Business Partners
Ethical standards for purchasing and procurement
Rakuten Mobile Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "Rakuten Mobile") selects suppliers and subcontractors of goods and services based on rational and objective criteria such as price, function and performance, quality, delivery time, performance, and other criteria.
In addition, Rakuten Mobile expects that all suppliers and subcontractors will endorse the Rakuten Group Corporate Ethics Charter, comply with relevant laws and regulations, and make the utmost efforts to respect human rights, ensure fair employment and labor practices, protect the environment, and ensure the safety of products and services.
We, Rakuten Mobile and its executives and employees;
- We will not receive money, gifts, entertainment, or any other form of benefits that may inappropriately affect our business decisions.
- No money, gifts, entertainment, or any other form of benefit will be provided for the purpose of influencing the acquisition and maintenance of business or securing business superiority.
- In particular, we will comply with relevant laws and regulations and will not directly or indirectly provide goods, money, or other items of any value that are intended for, or likely to be regarded as, preferential treatment to public officials or quasi-public officials.
- When giving or receiving meals or gifts deemed necessary for business purposes, the Company will do so to the extent that it is not inconsistent with the purpose stated above. In addition, we will neither receive nor provide any high-cost service beyond the level deemed appropriate by socially accepted standards.
- At the same time as complying with relevant laws and regulations, we will establish and comply with internal rules concerning gifts, entertainment, and the transfer of other benefits.
Rakuten Mobile has established a contact point (hereinafter referred to as “Supplier Hotline”) where suppliers contact us or seek advice regarding violations of this Code of Conduct (the "Code of Ethics Regarding Purchasing and Procurement") by our executives, employees, and/or related parties.
Details of entry
Any actions made by Rakuten Mobile executives, employees and/or related persons who are recognized as violating (or threatened to violate) the Code of Conduct.
※Please refrain from notifying us for wrongful purpose that differs from the facts, or that is disparaging, slandering, threatening or interfering with business (hereinafter referred to as "Report for Improper Purpose").
Presently, we are receiving several inquiries on the communication form that differ from our original purpose (including inquiries regarding procedures for sales and line contracts). We apologize, but please note that we are unable to respond here to such inquiries.
How to contact
Please contact us through Supplier Hotline.
You may be contacted by Rakuten Mobile for more detailed confirmation of the facts. Please clearly indicate the name of the organization to which you belong, your name, and e-mail address.
Please note that we may be unable provide the result, or even conduct an investigation if the contact form is anonymous or is found lacking mandatory information.
Response to Contacts
- We will investigate the facts provided by the contact information through an organization in charge that is not directly involved in the concerned purchase and procurement transactions within Rakuten Mobile. As a result of the investigation, if corrective measures are required, they will be promptly addressed and resolved.
- We will sincerely handle all communications with due consideration for personal information. Please note that in principle, no individual or specific measures taken within the company will be reported.
Handling of Suppliers Contact
- Rakuten Mobile has decided to not treat any of its suppliers disadvantageously by reason of the contact. Provided, however, that protection may not be provided in the case of unauthorized reporting or when the supplier concerned is involved in the violation.
- Rakuten Mobile will strictly adhere to the confidentiality of all information, including the contents of the contact information, the name, and the contact information of the contact person, and will be used only for the purpose of this investigation.
- Handling of personal information is based on the privacy policies of Rakuten Mobile.
- In the event of any correction or change in the personal information or other information, please contact us again using the Notification Form.
Notice regarding Gifts and Entertainment Policy
Rakuten Mobile revised its policy on accepting gifts and entertainment on June 1, 2023.
Under the new policy, all executives and employees are not permitted to accept gifts and entertainment from our business partners. The purpose of this revision is to strengthen relationships of trust with our business partners through improved transparency and fairness.
Please find further details from the link below.
Notice regarding Gifts and Entertainment Policy
Notice regarding Compliance Pledge
- For parties contracted with a business that has been transferred to Rakuten Total Solutions, Inc. (“Rakuten TS”) and that
submitted the Compliance Pledge to Rakuten Mobile, Inc. prior to March 31st, 2023, the Compliance Pledge will be assigned to
Rakuten TS and this Code of Ethics will be applicable after the transfer.
“Rakuten” in the Compliance Pledge shall be read as “Rakuten Total Solutions” after the transfer.
For any inquiries, please use Rakuten Mobile, Supplier Hotline above.